The Transportation and Development Institute (T&DI) of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is pleased to announce the 2015 Airfield and Highway Pavements Conference with the theme “Innovative and Cost-Effective Pavements for a Sustainable Future”.
This conference will bring together researchers, designers, project/construction managers, and contractors from around the world to discuss the current and future challenges for airfield and highway pavement sustainability, design, rehabilitation, advanced modeling, performance, evaluation and monitoring, life-cycle assessment, and emerging technologies.
The conference program includes the following:
- An extensive technical program developed by a scientific committee with over 90 members. It includes four concurrent paper/presentation tracks, technical tours and workshops. There will be many opportunities to earn up to 14.5 professional development hours (PDHs) for registered professionals in meeting continuing education requirements to maintain licensure.
- A plenary session, including a presentation by a leader in the field of pavement and transportation engineering.
- Exhibits of companies driving innovation, sustainability and quality in pavement engineering, construction and maintenance.
Please join us as an attendee, presenter, exhibitor, and sponsor or cooperating organization. We look forward to continue the tradition of another successful conference.
John Harvey, Ph.D., P.E., M. ASCE (University of California, Davis)
Katie Chou, Ph.D., P.E., M. ASCE (Hatch Mott MacDonald)
The scientific and organizing committees invite you to submit an abstract to the 2015 T&DI Airfield and Highway Pavement Specialty Conference to be held in Miami, Florida, June 7-10, 2015.
This conference will bring together transportation researchers, practitioners, and contractors from around the world to discuss the dynamic challenges to airfield and highway pavement performance and emerging technologies to address these challenges. The theme of the conference is “Innovative and Cost-Effective Pavements for a Sustainable Future.” The conference is centered on state-of-the-art and state-of-the-practice in the areas of innovative, durable, cost-effective and more sustainable pavements. The conference also puts an emphasis on cutting-edge knowledge transfer and technology implementation in the field.
Abstracts for papers (to be presented) and presentations (without papers) will be accepted. The deadline for abstract submission is July 15, 2014.
Contact T&DI/ ASCE manager Andrea Baker at 703-295-6124 for a submission question.
Papers may be submitted on the following topics:
- Techniques for Airfield and Highway Pavement Construction, Maintenance and Rehabilitation
- Advanced Modeling and Analysis of Various Pavements
- Testing and Characterizations of Asphalt, Concrete and Aggregate Materials
- Innovative Methods on Pavement Design, Analysis and Evaluation
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Pavement Sustainability, Life Cycle Assessment and Management
- Pavement Monitoring, Evaluation and Nondestructive Testing
- Pavement Interlayer Materials and Other Geo-engineering Materials
- Instrumented Pavements and Accelerated Testing
- Case Histories of Prominent Airfield and Highway Paving Projects
Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities are available at the 2015 T&DI Airfield and Highway Pavement Specialty conference. Please contact Drew Caracciolo at 703-295-6087 for more information.
Abstract Due July 15, 2014
Abstract Acceptance Decision August 1, 2014
Draft Paper/Presentation Submission September 15, 2014
Paper/Presentation Review Decision November 15, 2014
Final Paper Submission January 3, 2015
Final Paper Re-submission (If Requested) February 15, 2015
Final Decision February 28, 2015
Registration Opens January, 2015