TRB Webinar: Facility Planning Tools to Create Alternative Growth and
TRB will conduct a webinar on December 9, 2014, from 2:00pm to 3:30pm ET that will present tools that facilitate decision-making processes for airport planning and operations. These tools provide guidance on creating alternative growth and development scenarios for airports by analyzing the effects of potential change in aircraft, passenger, demographic, environmental, and other relevant factors. This webinar is intended for airport facility managers and operators who often need to address capacity, demand, and operational constraints.
Participants must register in advance of the webinar, and there is no fee associated with this webinar. This webinar will provide 1.5 Continuing Education Units for Accredited Airport Executives. This webinar is pending approval by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits.
- Patrick Kennon, HNTB Corporation
- Bill Dunlay, LeighFisher
- Matt Lee, Landrum & Brown
Moderator: Mary Vigilante, Synergy Consultants, Inc.
- PART 1: ACRP Report 82: Preparing Peak Period and Operational Profiles—Guidebook
- Content, potential uses, and limitations of the tools
- Using the toolboxes to analyze real world airport issues
- PART 2: ACRP Report 79: Evaluating Airfield Capacity
- Airfield capacity analysis, available tools for estimating airfield capacity, and guidance on selecting the appropriate tool for particular applications
- Introduction of the forthcoming MITRE “runwaySimulator”
- Introduction of the prototype “Airfield Capacity Spreadsheet Model”
- PART 3: Question and answer session
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss software tools for preparing peak-period and operational profiles;
- Summarize airfield capacity analysis objectives and techniques, available tools for estimating airfield capacity, and the appropriate tool for a given circumstance; and
- Describe the forthcoming MITRE “runwaySimulator” and the new prototype “Airfield Capacity Spreadsheet Model.”
To ensure that you receive notices about upcoming webinars, please subscribe to the TRB Transportation Research E-Newsletter.
This webinar is sponsored by the Airport Cooperative Research Program. There is no fee to attend this webinar.
Continuing Education Units for Accredited Airport Executives
The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) is making 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available for A.A.E. If you are an A.A.E. and would like to apply for CEUs for this webinar, visit www.aaae.org/ceu. For questions about A.A.E. continuing education units, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits
This webinar is pending approval by the American Institute of Certified Planners for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
To report your CM credits, visit www.planning.org/cm
1. Login using your ID# and password
2. Select My CM log
3. Select Add Credits
4. Under Browse you have the option of searching by Date, Provider, or Distance Education and using the search box to type in the name of the event or activity and clicking go
5. A pop-up box will appear. If this is a multi-part event you will have the option to select from a list of activities
6. Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and answer
7. Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about the CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu.